Thursday, June 17, 2010

Focus on God's Ability

Focus on God's Ability



By Nikki Jourdan | Date Submitted: 04/29/05




Keywords: problem, sticky situation, crisis, trouble, circumstance, accident,


More Details about http://www.chooselove.org here.



Summary: Are You in need of a miracle? You can have a lifestyle of miracles by keeping your focus on God's ability.



Greetings of love to all of you this day!


We will be talking about keeping our eyes focused on God’s ability. We must grow up in the things of God and allow Him space to maneuver in our lives. He must become an active and vital part of your life. Otherwise, life will become and remain dull and boring.


Here are some personal divine interventions where God moved and made all the difference. He is no respecter of persons. He will assist you and do extraordinary things, just for you.


Focus on God's Ability



While attending a church service, some years ago, a little boy diagnosed with scoliosis (curved spine) came up wearing special shoes. One leg was two inches shorter than the other. As the visiting Evangelist prayed and sat the boy in a chair, the short leg grew out so much, until it had to actually go back a little bit, and is made to match the length of the other leg. We all rejoiced at what God had done.


My very own daughter was diagnosed with the same type spinal curvature. She is now happily married with a baby girl. God is faithful and His word true. Of course, I wanted her to be healed in the same way the little boy was healed. Although she was not healed, in that way, my daughter was given the strength and confidence in God’s ability to help her live above ridicule and teasing of other children.


In her last few years of high school, she was an active member of both tract and tennis, all for the glory of God. He empowered her to overcome her physical challenge by granting her favor and grace to see herself through His eyes. What great lessons God gives by using such simple, but profound examples.


While living in the country, in the middle of a soybean field, I accidentally, locked us out the house. It was getting dark and country mosquitoes, the size of humming birds, were looking at us for supper. I hung my head and said, "Lord we need a miracle."


I heard God say," Send the oldest child to push on the door." At the time we were all sitting on the side of the porch. We had already checked the door: we banged, pushed and turned the doorknob; it was locked!


My oldest child was slender, thin and weighed less than 80 lb.. I told her God spoke and said to go push on the door. She got up, went to the door and pushed with her shoulder, and the door opened! She yelled, "O Lord! It's open!" That day was surely one of divine intervention. There is no other explanation. It gives us assurance of God's promise concerning never leaving or forsaking us. ( See Deuteronomy 4:31)



It has been several years that God used an anointed woman of God online to minister to me. I had just set up a new email account and was trying to think of a good password. After a year or so had gone by, I deleted the username, password and all...but, somehow, the old deleted password ended up on my desktop.


God showed her that my heart's desire was to be made whole: spirit soul and body. This anointed woman of God had no knowledge of the severe forms of abuse I had experienced in my past. She did not know me. She had no knowledge that our entire congregation had gone through spiritual church abuse…I was still in much pain and felt betrayed. Guess what my old deleted password was: wholenow!


To this day it is still on my computer. I see it every time I log on, as a reminder of what God has done in my life. That was a divine intervention of God. My life has never been the same. Sometimes God will place mentors and leaders from far away to be good role models and examples to follow.


God handpicked godly men and women and friends to allow his love to reach my wounded heart. He allowed me to see that being a Christian does not give us immunity from disappointments, but his love and his word are sure and eternal. John 3:16 came alive. "...God so loved..." And He has not changed. God still loves us very much.


My youngest daughter, at the age of three, woke up and came in the same room where I was sitting. At first, I really did not pay much attention thinking she went back to sleep on the carpet. A few minutes went by before I was led to go over and check on her. To my horror, I discovered my child had turned blue and was not breathing.


My first instinct was to call 911, but before I could, I heard the Holy Spirit whisper, “Rebuke the spirit of death.” I had never heard such a thing before, however, I knew it was God speaking, so I spoke the exact words he had given. Immediately, she coughed and returned to her normal color. I held and hugged her so close …for a very long time. The thought of what had happened and what could have happened between seeing her and speaking over her was overwhelming. What kind of love is this? What kind of God is this? He truly cares about every aspect of our lives.



Between the age of three and five, she had pneumonia a total of three times. I cried out to God in prayer and he, again, gave me words to speak over my daughter. Today, she is nearly 18 and has never had to deal with any form of pneumonia since.


When our hearts are torn to pieces because of loved ones or the ability to keep them safe from harm; it is comforting to know that God is always on watch. He never sleeps or slumbers on duty. He continues to awe us over and over with his amazing love.


So let us keep our eyes focused on God and his ability to come rescue us out of any trouble, problem, sticky situation, dilemma, circumstance, crisis, incident, tribulation or accident. He is able to solve anything facing you today. He is our advocate; full of mercy and grace. He hates sin, but loves us, His people.


Peace & blessings to you with love,


Nikki







nikkijourdan@aol.com




Author's URL: http://www.nikkijourdan.com

Nikki Jourdan is an inspirational writer, speaker and spiritual lifestyle coach. She exhorts kingdom women leaders to overcome anything in life, especially, cycles of abuse and fear. Ms. Jourdan teaches practical biblical principles to victims and survivors to choose and become world overcomers in Christ. She is owner and publisher of several books, blogs, articles, and Nikki Jourdan Publishing Empire.








No comments:

Post a Comment